Thursday, August 26, 2010

Amen Sister!

Can I get an Amen for Amy Bickers at Southern Living? In September's issue of Southern Living Amy wrote a terrific "Southern Journal" article titled Dear Hollywood. If you are like me and feel as though you are constantly defending your Southern heritage against stereotypes, then her open letter to Hollywood is a must read for you.

Finally someone published that Hollywood portrays Southerns in the wrong manner. Living outside of the South, thank goodness for only a few more days, I have been exposed to all types of misconceptions about those of us from the South. It still to this day amazes me what people think of me when they hear I am from Alabama.

So I guess the only thing left to say is... Hollywood can kiss my grits. Yes, I can poke fun as well at myself.

xoxo- Gulf Dreamin'

No comments:

Post a Comment